[TowerTalk] Recommendations for Purchasing a short 2 Element 40 Meter

James C. Hall, MD heartdoc at nwtcc.com
Fri Aug 1 13:19:18 EDT 2014

Dick:

I have a very similar setup with a MAG 620/340 at 120 feet with a rebuilt (from ice storm) lighter version of the MAG 620/340 on a TIC ring at 60 feet as a stack. I also use the Orion 2800 for the top one. I try not to turn it much as I'm thinking it's a bit under-powered for this massive of an antenna. If it ever gives it up, I'd go with a prop-pitch.

So far here in NW TN, it has survived wind and ice. Gratefully, we did not get the ice we got in 2009 (2" !) which devastated the area. The old 4BA was turned into a pretzel !

73, Jamie
WB4YDL

Sent from my iPad