[TowerTalk] Fan Dipole off of a G5RV

John Geiger af5cc at fidmail.com
Fri Feb 21 23:41:57 EST 2014

I have a almost G5RV that I homebrewed. It consists of an approximately 100
foot long doublet which runs to around 25 feet or so of 300ohm twinlead,
then to a 1:1 Current Balun, and then 75ohm coax to the shack. It runs
north/south. It doesn't do such a good job of hearing Oscar 7 on Mode A (2m
up, 10m down), so I was thinking of adding 2 1/4 on 10 meters legs running
perpendicular to it, in essence adding a 10 meter dipole in the fan dipole
fashion. SHould this work ok? What would the pattern be for a 10 meter
dipole with that feedline arrangement?

73 John AF5CC