[TowerTalk] Penetrox cleaning

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sat Feb 22 20:18:08 EST 2014

Steel wool breaks up and I would avoid using it on antennas.  Scotch Brite
works great and wont cause any rust issues.  I'm sure that a number of
solvents will dissolve the penetrox.

John KK9A

To:Doug Wetzel <dougwe2 at gmail.com>, "towertalk at contesting.com"
<towertalk at contesting.com>
Subject:Re: [TowerTalk] Penetrox cleaning
From:Ralph Bellas <k9zo at hotmail.com>
Date:Sat, 22 Feb 2014 13:47:21 -0600

Doug, I use WD40 and a green scouring pad.  I wear gloves for this job
because
your hands will get stained.  It seems to work as well as fine steel wool.
Invariably I got a sliver of steel wool in my hands.   In 40 years I always
got
used antennas and refurbished them.   If a plated U bolt was rusted I found
galvanized one and replaced always what nuts and bolts I could with
stainless
steel & anti-seize.RalphK9ZO