[TowerTalk] Need help identifying HyGain antenna (Trap Traveller rotatable tri band dipole)

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Tue Jan 28 02:19:43 EST 2014

On 1/27/2014 9:34 PM, Jim Pruitt wrote:
> Found it,  thanks to a friend.
>
> It was found in a 1960 Allied Catalog and was called the Hygain model
> TDK Trap-Traveller Micro Dipole.  I have the scan of the page but the
> page number got chopped off.  If I read the Allied listing correctly,
> it was $9.95 without the pair of T-3 traps and must have been without
> the model UB (Universal Base) so it would have cost $34.85 complete?
> Anyway I did find it.  I can find no info on the web about it though
> so it must not have been very popular.  I sure liked it and kept me
> occupied  in my dorm room at that time.

That was about when I was in college the first time. <:-)) Didn't go
back to earn a degree until 87. Graduated in 90. I remember the antenna
as I thought it'd be real handy. IIRC it was only available for a year
or two.

Sure brings back memories like my old S-40B receiver working all stereos
in the dorm. Seems like one of the oscillators radiated quite a signal.
As it was only 30 miles and gas was cheap, I commuted the next term, but
a good paying job came along and ended the college trial.

73

Roger (K8RI)

> Thank you for the help.
>
> Jim Pruitt