[TowerTalk] Corrosion of Copper Ground Conductors

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 22 22:21:00 EDT 2014

I think that the short answer is "yes." The copper will corrode though it's a slow process.  Fundamentally, that's why we don't find much copper in a pure form.

You might be able to forestall it with sacrificial anodes that themselves are more electrochemically active and so corrode instead of the copper, but beyond that I don't know how best to use them.

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith