[TowerTalk] Correction: Need documentation for Rohn HW (35G /Motorola tower)

J. Hunt via TowerTalk towertalk at contesting.com
Tue Jun 9 18:39:05 EDT 2015

Interesting Post!

About 20 years ago I took down a 230' Rohn 35 tower with low-band antennas - a phased 4-bay 49mz stack.
Yes it was an odd-ball faced sized tower, made for Motorola.  The tower was divided into two towers, with the buyers knowing what they were buying.
One buyer had the top section, the other buyer had a Homebrew Flat-Top fabricated.
The face size is different from a 25G or 45G, not combatable with either.
The stacking joints were swagged, like a 25G

I have not seen one since.

Sorry no information available, other than memories.

Thanks N 73,
James
ki5dq