[TowerTalk] Rhn 45 bolts

W3YY w3yy at cox.net
Thu Sep 3 16:12:38 EDT 2015

Two towers here - 120ft Rohn 45 and 100ft Rohn 25, both built with the
original hardware supplied by Rohn.  No problems with the hardware here
during installation or in the 35 years since. But, if you think your batch
of hardware is so heavily galvanized that it poses an installation problem,
you should contact Rohn or the company from which you purchased it.

It does seem to me that Rohn quality may be going downhill from where it was
decades ago.  The most recent new Rohn tower sections I purchased, even one
decade ago, required some effort to assemble, because the legs just didn't
line up perfectly.  That wasn't problem in 1975 when every new Rohn tower
section fit perfectly into the next.

73, Bob - W3YY