[TowerTalk] Yagi Building Ideas

Tom Hellem tom.hellem at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 11:43:09 EST 2017

Mike-
Agreed, the U-bolts are reasonably fast if you have maybe 2 elements.
A C-3 has 7 elements, that's 28 nuts you have to keep track of, install,
tighten, etc. And if they are SS now you have to contend with the thread
galling issue. I was thinking more along the lines of something like
a couple hose clamps per element, a quick tightening with a nut driver
mounted in a cordless drill perhaps. One would need to have some sort
of fixture in place on the boom so the hose clamps would have something
to attach to. That is the part I am hoping somebody has already invented.
Or ????

K0SN