[TowerTalk] Yagi Building Ideas

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 1 12:41:10 EST 2017

On 1/1/17 8:20 AM, W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:
> The element to boom mounting using a U bolt is a pretty fast and easy
> method for mounting.  Also if you use their idea of rivets you can
> temporarily insert the rivets and tape over them to hold them in place.

I like that.. a box of rivets, or just pins of some sort. Shove them in,
whip a piece of tape around.  With two people it could go pretty fast.
Disassembly is a knife/box cutter

you definitely want to paint easy to identify markings on elements.
Maybe you could do the tent pole shock cord thing to help keep them in
order.

It's a temporary installation, so the extra weight from the
rope/shock-cord wouldn't be an issue.