[TowerTalk] Force 12

Kevin kstover at ac0h.net
Thu Jan 19 19:04:48 EST 2017

It's just physics isn't it?

A three element antenna will be better than a two element antenna
assuming both have optimized element spacing and length for a given
optimal boom length.

The C3 family of antenna's are interlaced 2 element monobanders. I would
expect something like a DX Engineering Skyhawk, 3 element interlaced
monobander, to out perform any C3...by a long shot. It's a bigger
antenna, twice the boom length and four more elements to play with.

If there's a study that says different then either the study is wrong or
the ARRL Antenna Book is wrong. My money is on the book.

If your going to compare antennas you need to compare apples to apples
etc.... I seem to remember when Force 12 was the hot antenna to get not
many other people were even making 2 element antennas.

How would a C3 hold up to a SteppIR 2 element or an Optibeam 2 element?
Probably pretty close depending on boom length.