[TowerTalk] MFJ-998 automatic tuner

Dick NY1E dick at ny1e.com
Thu Mar 2 14:02:59 EST 2017

Does anyone here have one connected to their transceiver with the MFJ cable? I now have my second MFJ-998, and it acts just like the first. it tunes fine but not like I understand it's supposed to work. I expect it to turn my transmitter on at low power cw when I hit the tune button on the tuner, my Yaseu FTdx1200 does nothing and tuner says HUH? INCREASE POWER. Before I sent the tuner back they sent me a second cable, same results. I went in the 1200 menu and selected external tuner. Is it just not as automatic as I expect, if so whats the radio control cable for??de Dick NY1E