[TowerTalk] Need recommendations for a 40-10m. Yagi

Timothy Coker n6win at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 22:44:15 EDT 2018

Well, as a definite contester first and DXer way second (band modes vs rate, no comparison to me) I’d grab the JK Mid-Tri w/40m for a number of reasons.
At 120’ I’d not want to be climbing to remove broken motors or failed traps.
The build is very robust.
Two feedlines with a closed cell transmission line for 20-10m.
Hi-Q air coils on 40m
Easily managable turn radius and wind load
Can use a M2 Orion or equivalant very easy

Next I’d probably just string up an inverted V for 30m or even put a 30m dipole on the mast. I don’t need 2 elements or more on 30m as there hasn’t been an entity yet that I didn’t work on the contest bands where I wished I had the WARCs, let alone with gain... but again band modes aren’t my thing and that affects my reasoning.
73,
Tim / N6WIN.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone