[TowerTalk] Ground question

Terry Brown n7tb at comcast.net
Wed May 9 18:38:32 EDT 2018

I am putting in a fairly short tower in my backyard; 35ft of Rohn 25g.

I will have 3 ground rods around the base. The tower is next to my house so my ground radial field will be semi-circular.

I will be putting 8 ft ground rods every 16 ft. My lot is about 35 ft. deep so radials will be 32 ft. Long buried about 16 in. Underground.

1. How many radials do I need and

2. What gauge solid copper wire.

Where we live in Western Oregon does not get much lightening. My antenna will be 10-12 ft. Above the highest point of the roof.

Thanks for the help.

Terry de N7TB