[TowerTalk] Laying out radials around a stone fence

Ian White gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk
Tue May 15 03:08:31 EDT 2018

Here in Scotland we're surrounded by mile upon mile of dry-stone
walls, so I know the problem!

Although no two walls are the same, my first choice would be to
probe the gaps between the large stones at the base of the wall
using the SDS hammer drill and a 3-foot drillbit. Don't try to drill
through any big boulders - just let the drillbit find a clear way
through, reasonably close to ground level.

Then tape the radial onto a large metal "needle" and thread it
through the hole.

If you can't find a way through the wall for every radial, group
neighboring radials together to pass through the wall and fan them
out again at the other side. Crimp connectors in heat-shrink
sleeving are your other best friend.

73 from Ian GM3SEK