[TowerTalk] Joining EHS Guy To Philly Guy

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Wed May 23 22:05:24 EDT 2018

I'm not convinced that a preform/thimble combo MUST be mated to a
straight cylinder, even though the examples shown don't include anything
but. I've seen BIG preforms installed through a closed link for example,
that seem to satisfy any concerns. As long as the curved link is smooth
(to avoid abrasion), it might offer an advantage over a straight pin.

At any rate, in ham applications it's mostly all academic.

-Steve K8LX