[TowerTalk] High VSWR

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Thu Aug 29 20:07:42 EDT 2019

On 08/29/19 13:24 PM, Doug Ronald wrote:

I've never used a torque wrench on cable clamps - I suspect I've
tightened them tighter than needed, but my theory is that if they don't
break while cranking them down, they won't later on (unless you've got
them right on the edge). Also, they relax for a while, so should always
be re-snugged a couple times in the weeks and months after installing them.

Which is why I never use them anymore in critical applications. Crimp
sleeves are the way to go if you can not use big grips in your application.

-Steve K8LX