[TowerTalk] HDX-589 rotor and coax arms and why I re-subscribed after many year hiatus

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Mon Feb 11 15:17:18 EST 2019

On my HDX-5106, I use a length of 2 inch SCH 80 PVC pipe clamped
to the top of the tower.  The RG-216, rotor cable,
and MonstIR cable hang on this pipe using Kellems
grips.  The top of the coax has a 90 degree type-N
to avoid any bends in the nearly 1 inch diameter
coax.  I am very happy with this arrangement.

The "snake" coils up on the ground in about a
10 foot circle.  I do need to be there to manage
the coax when lowering the tower.

Rick N6RK