[TowerTalk] Skyhawks on TIC Rings?

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Jan 9 18:24:27 EST 2019

I imagine that it is difficult to find an interlaced tribander with a lot of
mounting room. I know that designing a multiband interlaced beam is a
challenge but it would be nice it consideration was made for side mounting
them to a tower. I looked briefly at other manufacture's sites and did not
see and obvious interlaced antenna that would work however I am sure that JK
Antennas and OptiBeam could tell you exactly how much mounting room their
products have. I had to shift my homebrew 20m beams slight for an element to
clear my large Rohn 65 tower so I U-bolted a plate of stainless steel to the
boom as a counter weight.

Thanks for the 20m QSO last weekend in RTTY Roundup

John KK9A - W4AAA

Bud Trench AA3B wrote:

I currently have a 3 stack of KT36XA's on a Rohn 55G tower.  They are
mounted on TIC Rings - Model 1122E.  I am considering replacing the KT36XA's
with Skyhawks.

Does anyone have experience mounting Skyhawks on my configuration - Rohn 55G
/ Model 1122E TIC rings?   If so, was there anything tricky about the
installation?   I am particularly worried about the potential need to mount
the antennas off of their balance point.

Any other thoughts or advice?

I know that K3WW is using a similar configuration and I have already gotten
an input from Chas.

73,

Bud AA3B