[TowerTalk] Tool for F-connector holes

tony.kaz at verizon.net tony.kaz at verizon.net
Tue Mar 12 07:38:53 EDT 2019

Thanks for all the feedback.
I am using Amphenol F Bulkhead Crimp Jacks for RG-179. Part #222114-10.
Greenlee doesn't make a DD punch that small.
I have to drill 14 holes total on several Carlon boxes. And the connectors
are already crimped on the RG-179.
It looks like I have two choices. Make a template for the size and shape.
Drill a small hole. Then use my Rotozip Spiral saw to get the correct size
and shape.
Or drill a .375+" hole, use a few drops of epoxy then put on the washer and
nut and tighten.
I am leaning towards using the Rotozip as then for sure the connector won't
turn and easy to replace if needed.
I had thought there would be something that was off the shelf and not
exorbitant in price to make these type holes.
73,
N2TK, Tony