[TowerTalk] Beverage antenna field switching

VE6WZ_Steve ve6wz at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 3 19:34:13 EDT 2020

I have received a number of email questions asking how I switch my Beverage wires in the field.

Here is a video that shows the design of my cascaded 2 relay high isolation 4 relay switch box, as well as my latest design that uses 1:1 binocular core "braid breaker” transformers to replace my large type 31 toroids on the RG-6 lines.  This is much more economical and easier to set up in the field.

I show how my switch boxes are deployed in the field and share some ideas about laying out the RG-6 feed lines on the forest floor.

Video link here: https://youtu.be/Ei7q1Hy6FDk <https://youtu.be/Ei7q1Hy6FDk>

73, de steve ve6wz