[TowerTalk] Come-Along Recommendations

ed_richardson at shaw.ca ed_richardson at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 7 13:40:12 EDT 2020

Well since it is almost cold enough to start thinking of doing some
antenna/tower work, I was hoping to canvass the group for recommendations or
suggestions on come-along products that have been proven as safe/reliable
and easy to use. Main uses here are for lifting loaded masts (500lb 240 kg)
in and out of a rotator or tensioning tram lines.  My old cheap unit fell
apart on me after only a handful of uses.  Not looking for heavy duty
commercial units, but something a ham can have available for occasional use
that is safe and reliable.

Ed VE4VT