[TowerTalk] New tool - toroidal ferrite core inductor calculator

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Jun 16 15:05:13 EDT 2021

On 6/16/2021 11:45 AM, Lux, Jim wrote:
> Out of curiosity, what was the spread in apparent parameters?

I'd have to look at the spreadsheets -- it's been three years. But
because resonances are involved, f the parameters I measured, Rs, Xs,
and Zmag at a given frequency for a 10-turn winding, almost 2:1 for some
data points. With respect to fundamental properties, I'd guess that
Fair-Rite's 20% number is pretty good. But those fundamental properties
from a circuit point of view are mu' (inductance) and mu'' (loss).

Jim