[TowerTalk] Antenna traps

Ignacy Misztal no9e at arrl.net
Tue Jan 3 17:17:50 EST 2023

I had the W9INN dipole for 40/80/160 with two sets of coils. The bandwidth
on 80 and 160 was about 30 khz. Compared to a ladder line fed 80m dipole,
the W9INN dipole was so much down on 80 and 160 that it was useless.

I ran some simulation of the W9INN dipole with one coil. The resistance at
resonance is 15 ohms while the dipole had very low swr at resonance
indicating the actual resistance close to 50 ohms. So large losses.

Ignacy NO9E