5.70 in the VHF test

george fremin iii geoiii@bga.com
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 04:46:31 -0500 (CDT)

>> have showing in the upper right of the TR screen?
>> I had this problem in the vhf test and it was a memory
>> problem or lack of - I dumped the names and it never
>> happened again.
>
>FWIW, I just fiddled with this, and it DOES appear to be
memory-related.

Glad to hear that fixed it.  I have found that running
the DOS command MEMMAKER (DOS 6.xx) is a very good thing.
It frees up all sorts of memroy and all you have to do
is follow the defaults and hit the return key.

>Now for another question.  I can't seem to find the answer in the 5.70
>manual or in the read.me files, though I know I've seen it documented
>somewhere.  How do you set up a standard group of LOGCFG.DAT parameters
>that become your personal default for every contest?  I know there's
>another file that needs to be created to do this, but I can't remember
>what it's supposed to be called!

It can be called any name that you like - or you can have
several, one for ssb, one for cw etc.  You can put it anywhere.

In your logcfg.dat you need to tell the program where it is.

ie.

INPUT CONFIG FILE = \LOG\NAME\KJ4VH.SSB

>P.S.:  Awesome numbers on six, George.  I'm IMPRESSED!

Thanks - it was fun.

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.   Sun spots?  I don't need no stinkin' sunspots!