[TRLog] 6.24 observations from VR98BG

VR98BrettGraham vr2bg@harts.org.hk
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 02:50:33 +0000

Seen during, came to mind while operating, or stumbled on after JIDX:

- When S&Ping on rig 2, alt-D'd calls don't go into the bandmap.

- The mult info window does not work.  This is especially annoying
when dualing CQs, as you can't see any other band's remaining mults
window in order to tell if you need to bounce the guy you're working.

- I managed to get away without needing to use POST L M for a second year.

- Can't change overwrite status for old call in POST U E F F.  Changing
user4 or 5 will set user3 to true, but not back to false.

- Maybe my idea of merged is off, but POST L G for General QSO logs
puts the 2nd log in front of the 1st without renumbering, although does
strip out page headers/breaks & blank lines (which is handy for big logs).

- With the use of some transfer relays & a ctrl-J parameter like TWO RADIO
SINGLE AMP ENABLE, one could do two radios with one of those solid state
amps by putting the current rig's band data out one parallel port & the
off-line rig's out the other.  A little (adjustable?) delay to let things
settle down would be necessary.

- Several times I found my TRMASTER.DTA file had two calls on the same
line when checked in the .ASC file.  Going back through the various files
I build my .DTA file from, nothing bad could be found.  A POST routine to
perform a check for invalid data would be a nice way to find these things
lurking somewhere in 5 MB of data!

73, VR98BrettGraham