[TRLog] Booting to DOS with Windows ME?

Alan Braun albraun@earthlink.net
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 01:54:33 -0000

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C1761D.4BA888F0

I saw a message on one of these groups a month or two ago pointing to a =
file somewhere, that explains how to patch the startup files for Windows =
ME to restore the "restart in DOS mode" option that earlier windows =
versions supported. (the option that comes up during the shutdown =
sequence in Win 98, 95 etc). I thought I had saved it but unfortunately =
did not. Can someone point me to it again? I'm rebuilding my system as a =
dual boot Win ME/Win XP and have found, not to my surprise, that I can't =
run TR-log or CT under XP without some significant tweaking.

I'd appreciate any help the assembled multitude can provide. Once I get =
it running I'll gladly offer my new-found expertise to anyone with =
questions.

Alan Braun NS0B

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C1761D.4BA888F0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I saw a message on one of these groups =
a month or=20
two ago pointing to a file somewhere, that explains how to patch the =
startup=20
files for Windows ME to restore the "restart in DOS mode" option that =
earlier=20
windows versions supported. (the option that comes up during the =
shutdown=20
sequence in Win 98, 95 etc). I thought I had saved it but unfortunately =
did not.=20
Can someone point me to it again? I'm rebuilding my system as a dual =
boot Win=20
ME/Win XP and have found, not to my surprise, that I can't run TR-log or =
CT=20
under XP without some significant tweaking.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'd appreciate any help the assembled =
multitude can=20
provide. Once I get it running I'll gladly offer my new-found expertise =
to=20
anyone with questions.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Alan Braun NS0B</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C1761D.4BA888F0--