[TRLog] TR Log Wish List - Reply to K2ONP - Ctrl-U Function

K2ONP@aol.com K2ONP@aol.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 17:19:21 EST

In a message dated 2/19/02 11:37:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
RPClifton@aol.com writes:

<<
 Geo -

 Regarding the 50-line mode, here are my thoughts:

 Yes, I think a larger monitor is the only solution to the problem you
mention.  Also, I think a traditional CRT works better with DOS than the new
flat-panel LCD screens. My experience is that CRT's always use the whole
screen for DOS displays, but LCD's often shrink the display or display it
full screen with poor resolution.

Bob,
I appreciate your thoughts.  Also, I was considering an LCD display also for
space considerations and appreciate your comments on their limitations.

The real issue is for TR to effectively utilize packet spots.  Unfortunately,
the BANDPLAN is the only really effective way you can pull up packet spots
within TR, but for me with my vision, it is almost unuseable in VGA mode with
a small screen.

I tried to use the CTRL-U function as a substitute, but since it doesn't
allow you to sort the spots (i.e., MULTS THIS BAND, MULTS ALL BAND, QSO'S
THIS BAND, QSO'S ALL BANDS),  its not very useful.  Also, its capacity for
storing spots is very limited, and it would be better if it had scrolling
capability.  If improved,  the CTRL-U function could provide many of the
packet spot advantages that you get with BANDPLAN, but would work in standard
DOS mode.

I guess you can also put this on my TR xmas wish list!

Thanks for the bandwidth,

Geo K2ONP