[TRLog] Logikey K-3 & TR-Log

K2ONP@aol.com K2ONP@aol.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 17:19:20 EST

In a message dated 2/19/02 12:30:57 PM Eastern Standard Time, tree@kkn.net
writes:

<<
 I don't know anything about the K3.  However, I would be interested
 in knowing what, if anything, you think is missing from the
 implementation of the keyer included in TR?  Aside from having to
 have your computer running TR, I am not aware of any other
 limitations.

 The problem I see with using an external keyer while having TR running
 occurs when both are trying to send CW at the same time. >>

I agree  with you, Tree.  Personally, I think TR's keying is excellent, and
does not need to be changed in any way.  I also have a Logikey K-3 in
parallel with the computer keying.  It's a really great memory keyer, which I
like better than the MFJ's or homebrew's that I have used.   As has been
mentioned, it's extremely handy for fills, for QRS, for times when I have
fouled up the logging in one way or another and I don't want to lose my run
frequency, etc.

As with soup, or French cuisine, or clothing, everything is a matter of taste.

My $0.02 worth,
Geo K2ONP