[TRLog] CW Serial Interface - SOLVED

Sheryl Roux jsroux@msn.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:55:27 -0400

First, thanks to all who responded to my request for help. =20

My problem was that the parallel interface keyed the rig but the serial p=
ort did not work. All I got at pin 4 of the COM1 port was a constant -11 =
volts. My OS is WIN98 and I have always run TR in a DOS window, which wor=
ked fine using the LPT port. All I did was restart in "DOS MODE" and run =
TR from DOS. Now both the serial and parallel ports key the rig OK.

In my case, I guess that with both DOS and Windows running, nothing reach=
ed the COM port.

Thanks again. 73, Jim W4YA

multipart/alternative
  text/html