[TRLog] 6.71b time

Len Revelle lenrev@ameritech.net
Sun, 03 Nov 2002 17:37:52 -0600

I used 6.71B ( I think that was the most recent release) in
SSCW this weekend.

I am using a Dell P3/966, 384Mb RAM, 40Gb. HDD, W2K Pro,
with a Lava 4-port serial card. The TS2000 and CW interface
are only active devices on the card during the contest.

Specific suprises I found:

1. If I tried to access any control functions, i.e. edit
previous log entry, adjust time, etc. while TR is sending
CW, the CW timing iand characters are clobbered. I think I
recall being able to do this sometime in past versions.

2. Sunday afternoon I realized that TR time was way behind
real time. I use Diminsion 4 to keep the computer time
accurate through a DSL connection. After resyncing TR with
computer time I found I had to continually correct TR time.
The TR time was as much as five minutes behind within twenty
minutes. I had to reset TR time every 15 minutes or so to
keep the log somewhere close. I was running most of that
time, but did some S&P as well.

Did anyone else see this or do I have a computer issue,
maybe?
     Len Revelle   N9IJ
   lenrev@ameritech.net
   AMA 60055   LSF 7492