[TRLog] TR version 6.71 lessons...

K4RO Kirk Pickering k4ro@k4ro.net
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:37:19 -0600

Hey Ron,

We appreciate all the hard work you've done, and
your enthusiasm to tackle long-standing wish list
items.  These things happen, and that's why there
are previous releases to fall back upon.  I'm looking
forward to some of the enhancements, once we get the
basics working properly again.

I am a TR-Lifer who uses Icom radios.  I am also using
TR for RTTY, both casual and contest use.  I would be
willing to help beta test, although I can't devote a huge
amount of time to it.  I'll do what I can to help.

I have been using TR for 6 or 7 years now.  Tree, George
and company went through some real pains on the Icom
interface a few years ago.  It's worked OK for me for
the last several years.  I'm not sure which version it
was that started working well, but it's all documented
in the mail list archives.

I run SO2R with a pair of "vintage" IC-765 radios.
Serial radio interfaces are TTL, and I use homebrew
level converters to go to RS-232, using MAX-232 chip.
K1EA DVP voice keyer is used for phone contesting.
A Top Ten DX Doubler handles all of the CW keying,
DVP switching, and receive audio control.  Former
devices were homebrew, so I have some idea how all
of this stuff works.   More details at www.k4ro.net.

Let me know if I can help out.

-Kirk  K4RO