[Trlog] TRLog in DOS problems

Markhasin, Vitaly Vitaly.Markhasin at UE-1.com
Tue Dec 9 08:14:24 EST 2003

Hi All,
My problems with TRLog on my new laptop continue...
The laptop is DELL Inspiron 2650. Operating system is selected at boot using
System Commander software and the choices are:
- DOS 6.22;
- Win2000;
- Win XP.

I've created the simplest test logcfg.dat file with only 3 lines in it
(without radio control, packet or CW keying) just to test.
Computer has only USB and LPT ports.

Program works in Win2000 OK with choppy CW (understandable because of
multitasking).
But in DOS if I enter a call sign and hit space bar ALL fields go blank
(call sign, multipliers needed field, country field, previous contacts etc).
If ENTER is pressed, program terminates with an error message "Runtime error
103 at 172C:61A7" and another time @ 17F1:6398 (address
changes from time to time). Computer locks-up and Ctrl-Alt-Del does not work
(only power off).

I've tried to boot from floppy (bypassing System Commander to prevent
possible interference) but the problem still there.

Any ideas?
Thank you.
73! Vitaly (VE6JO)