Fwd: Re: [Trlog] Pre-filling the exchange window (fwd)

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Sun Dec 28 16:00:55 EST 2003

Mirko - S57AD kindly replied:

>Hi Eric,
>
>if you have TRMASTER database with QTH entries for the US stations, TR fills
>QTH (state) automatically.  Just set INITIAL EXCHANGE = QTH (within Ctrl-J
>menu).  If you don't have TRMASTER database, you can create it by yourself
>easely, by your previous ARRL DX and domestic contest logs.

Tnx, Mirko, for your kind reply.  Just back in town after several days away.

(hehehe)...I've been QRT from HF DX/Contesting for over 20 years, so not
much in the way of "previous" log info :-)

Have another user's TRMASTER db as an sample, but no W/VE States/Sections
seem to be showing...mostly CQ/Zones.

I just attempted to convert the CT 'master.dta' file via TR Post, but got
this error message:

         Unable to save .DTA to ASCII file
         Runtime error 204 at 0163:2938

Will send a copy of this info to Tree.

>For mentioned states, you don't need to type a whole cty abbreviation,
>requested feature already exists in TR.

So I have now learned!

>73, Merry Xmas & a Happy New Year,

And to you and your family!!!  Tnx again, Mirko.

73...

Rick, K6VVA