[Trlog] TR, Cabrillo and 75 Ghz

Bob Nygren rnygren at epix.net
Wed Feb 5 22:33:56 EST 2003

Hi All,
    We made some interesting contacts during the recent VHF contest. For
the first time ever, we made  contacts on 47 and 75 GHz. TR Log does not
cover the bands between 24 GHz and Light. So in the running contest log,
I just entered it as N3RN/FM19/76 (to flag it) and logged it as a Light
contact.
    I anticipated running POST to generate the Cabrillo file and editing
the file to have the N3RN/FM19 in the callsign field and inserting the
correct letter in the frequency field.
    The problem I've run into is that my Cabrillo shows "L" as the
frequency designator for Light. Looking at the contest results from last
years UHF contest shows "K" as 47 GHz, "L" as being 75 GHz and on up to
"P" as 300+ GHz.
    I've had enough logs bounced by the contest Robots that I know I'm
definitely going to have problems with this one!!
    Anybody have any ideas on how I can make this work? I've read what I
could on the Cabrillo specs but can't find anything which clarifies the
frequency issue.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

73,

Bob N3RN