[Trlog] TR Log PTT for SSB Help Please

G0MIC at aol.com G0MIC at aol.com
Thu Jul 3 23:30:20 EDT 2003

Thank you Don for the key to a solution. Unfortunately if you put the Vox Off
command after the DRU playback command it turns off the vox immediately and
the message keeps playing but not transmitting.

My solution for the time being is to use
SRS=VX1;PB1;
on function keys 1 to 3 with PB1; being changed with the appropriate number
and function key 4 has
SRS=PB0;VX0;
This terminates the message and turns off the vox.

I have also set the vox gain to 0 so that it does not turn on under ordinary
voice control (we use a footswitch and boom mike) and also cut down on the Vox
Delay so that the PTT turns off as soon as the message completes.

Tree your comments duly noted.  Having had Don's reply I have realised that
there is a way by testing the DRU status but this would be far too specific a
task applicable only to a few people and would make the set up far too
complicated.

Thank you gentlemen for your very prompt help.

Malcolm
G0MIC