[Trlog] XP and TR

Dick Frey k4xu at bendcable.com
Wed May 26 05:17:42 EDT 2004

My W98 Dell laptop died while mobile during the Oregon QSO party. I need to
replace it but all the new available units are USB only and run XP or W2k.
Our corporate IT guy, who has to support my L/T decision, suggested I put a
reduced W98 version on a USB plug-in "thumb drive" and run the DOS session
from there rather than resorting to Partition Magic or one of the other
suggested work-arounds. At $30 for 128M it certainly seems reasonable.
Anyone have comments on this strategy?
Are available USB to RS232 converters okay with this?
tnx,
Dick Frey    k4xu