[Trlog] TRLog and Windows Questions

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 12 13:25:46 EST 2005

Hi Carolyn,

I can answer one of the questions.

I routinely run TRLog under Win98SE on a 500 MHz PIII.  One serial port
runs the MkV.  The other serial port is sometimes used to network other
machines using TR when I do a multi-op.  CW keying is via the parallel
port.  Never, ever have any problems with it.

The computer is also on a home network which is connected via a cable
router to the internet, which means I have internet access if I want
while contesting.

As well as TR on the main monitor, I have a 2nd monitor on the same
machine which is usually displaying DX Atlas as well as propagation info
while I'm contesting.

This may be a partial answer to the USB question.  I've got a copy of
the freeby TR on a jump drive plugged into a USB hub.  Using Windows
Explorer, I went to the directory on the jump drive where it is located
and double clicked on TR.exe.  TR started up in its DOS box and the
simulator ran just fine.

Many people say that they have been able to run TR with multiple serial
port devices from a PCI slot under Win98SE.  I've been trying to do this
but with no luck so far.  Had to drop the project for now due to lack of
time.

I'm sure you'll get many other replies.  Good luck with this.  You'll
really enjoy rig control from TR.

73 de JIm Smith   VE7FO