[Trlog] RAC Multiplier file

Sam Ferris ferrsa at sasktel.net
Tue Jan 2 15:35:29 EST 2007

Would note that it would make the job of log checkers much easier if the TRlog multiplier file actually used the designated abbreviations:  More specifically:

All abbreviations should be completely in upper case
Quebec should be abbreviated QC and not Pq for the RAC contest
Yukon should be abbreviated YT and not Yu for the RAC contest
Newfoundland/Labrador should be abbreviated NL and not Nf for the RAC contest.

I suspect that editing the file is a trivial task and can be easily achieved with a DOS editor.  Am certainly willing to do that.task but suspect that widespread uptake of any updates will be random.

TRlog is also faulty (or at least was faulty - have not seen all the most recent reports) in the manner in which columns are organized as it does not produce a Cabrillo report that meets the description for RAC - columns are misplaced.  While these items sound trivial and picky, they do not become so when you are on the receiving end of contest logs and have to check each one for correct use of designated multiplier descriptions and column organization in the Cabrillo report (One quickly learns that in practical delivery, there is no such thing as adherence to  Cabrillo standard - at least for the RAC reports).  These minor issues quickly multiply the time it takes to process all the logs, even using automated means - unless that is TRlog users are ready to accept significant score reductions !

Sam
VE5SF
RAC Canada Winter Contest Manager.