[Trlog] SS CW observations

Tree tree at kkn.net
Mon Nov 3 12:31:46 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 05:23:15PM +0000, kd4d at comcast.net wrote:

> I used 6.90 for CW SS.  I don't use Shift Key RIT.  I ended up using two
> K3's and had USE IRQ's off.

Thanks for the info.

> The program didn't crash all weekend.  I noted the bad beam headings -
> not a big deal in SS.  Other than that, I found out that if, when the program
> is sending the callsign after the fourth character, and I chose that instant
> to do a dupe check on the second rado, the sending stopped (I think after
> the callsign) until I completed the dupe check.  The transmitter stayed
> keyed.  Run mode of course.  This may always have happened.

This is "normal" behavior.  The dupe check routine isn't capable of noticing
that the CW sending has caught up to your input and kicking off the rest of
the exchange.  I have just trained myself not to do a dupecheck during this
slice of time.

> And, NO, you can't remove packet since I'm still using it for WAE CW!  :-)
> Sorry about that!  Using WintelnetX to send it in via a serial port.  The
> RF packet network around here is gone, I think.  Kind of sad...

:-)  Okay.  Was mostly kidding.

> Thanks for the updates! :-)  When do we start the Linux version?

Maybe in about 5 years when I retire and have time to teach myself a new
operating system.

Tree