[Trlog] CTY.DAT

KL7RA kl7ra at ptialaska.net
Tue Oct 28 19:16:58 EDT 2008

Hi Ed

>My rationale is that I'd rather have the unknown countries identified,

Another rational is "I don't care" as Cabrillo strips that away anyway
and the main data base adds them back. That way no one claims PY0
St Peter and Paul rocks when it was just a PY. Even better everyone
gets the credit who logged a real PP/rocks as a PY.

However our favorite, and in my case only, logging program should
know calls for beam headings and SS/SR times. I was disappointed to
see the .CTY format change as I assumed TRLog would choke on it.

Hopefully there will be a fix or workaround as I doubt the .CTY file
will change back. Maybe a TRLog converter program. I would do it
but I'm sure my DOS QuickBasic skills are now gone and the recovery
would take too long now that I'm retired and have a very poor attitude
about doing work.

73 Rich KL7RA