[Trlog] TR Log

John Harden, D.M.D. jhdmd at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 28 10:51:57 PDT 2010

I use TR LOG (and CT) with WinTelnetX so I can route internet packet
spots into either TR LOG or CT. Neither of the DOS programs support
internet packet and there are virtually no VHF clusters active in the
Atlanta area.

I have a DOS 6.22 contest computer and a WIN XP computer that is hooked
to the internet with a full T-1 line at my home QTH. I use a null modem
cable from COM1 on the WIN XP computer to COM1 on the DOS contest
computer. The initial setup is a little tricky but it does work rather well.

WinTelnetX is available free on the internet. The trick is to always use
COM1 on both computers.

I do not operate SO2R but this is a great way to run internet packet
into these excellent DOS programs. I had problems with the WINDOWS
version of CT and TR4W for some reason?

73,

John, W4NU
Atlanta