[UK-CONTEST] Software for Jubilee contest

Clive Whelan clive at gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk
Wed May 29 14:05:23 EDT 2002

Hi Chris

Chris Tran GM3WOJ wrote:
> During the event I want to have 2 PCs networked (this
> is now our normal practise even for a single-radio event
> - having a 'live' spare PC logging all QSOs is very
reassuring)
> and 2 keyboards, 1 beside each radio, with rig-control
> for that radio.   Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think any of
> the software packages mentioned can do this and score
> + mult check the Jubilee event correctly ?

I am not certain that I have understood the relevance of the
separate  keyboards per se, but I believe that either of TR or
WL will do the job. However like you, I now always run two PCs
networked ( currently under WL), and as you say it is very
comforting to have that degree of redundancy. If what you crave
is a quasi MM or M2 configuration in an SO environment I'm sure
it will work.

Paul is right that there is no "one size fits all" in the
contest logger field; perhaps that is unrealistic as we are all
individuals.

Let me know if you need clarification

I believe that both TR and WL will do what you want, and the
necessary configurations may be found at
http://www.rsgbhfcc.org.

73

Clive
GW3NJW