[UK-CONTEST] G4PIQ/P Reports for 21/28 SSB and EU SSB Sprint

Clive Whelan gw3njw at onetel.net.uk
Sun Oct 6 19:40:39 EDT 2002

> Again - I'd rather see the effort to encourage UK stations to
> take part in something like CQWW with more awards to support that than
> dragging out another domestic contest which has really seen better days.

Absolutely, how this survived when 7Mhz DX got the axe is a mystery. Next
weekend we will probably be subsumed by the WAG contest if it is
co-incident again, which really is all that needs to be said. I believe we
have proved beyond doubt that we cannot support a contest on the
international scale, whereas countries like S5 with the population of GW
readily so do. This is sad but inescapable, so let's play to our remaining
strengths.

My only caveat to the above is that WAE should be encouraged in preference
to CQWW, which hardly needs it, and which is already well supported by Gs

73

Clive