[UK-CONTEST] 2128MHz CW/SSB Contests

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 22 14:26:20 EDT 2002

Some good positive input Mike and worthy of discussion. Questions :

- How would you define an adjacent country? I can see a few problems.
- Do overseas stations work anyone? A bit like a mini-CQWW?

We would still need to retain a (dual mode) Field Day to satisfy the "Men
in Grey" that we can establish emergency communications (and anyway
it is good fun to get out there), and obviously the IOTA Contest would still
need to remain, also the two AFSs continue to be very popular.

Other than that I reckon I am with you. I have long argued for a drastic
reduction in what once was some 19 separate events. Ed G3SQX when
he was on HFCC suggesting we only needed 3 contests. Not sure about
that but a portfolio of 6 dynamic and meaningful events would certainly
sharpen up the appeal.

Chris G3SJJ