[UK-CONTEST] Top Band Distance Challenge...

Dave Sergeant dsergeant at connectfree.co.uk
Sun Jan 5 04:19:20 EST 2003

Nigel G3TXF wrote:
>I had a dabble in the TBDC Stew Perry Contest from
>home (=high noise + poor antenna) and made 82Q's.

I had a very little dabble in the QRP section of the Stew Perry
challenge (and thanks for the points Nigel). Those who worked me
would get double points for the QSO after my log was submitted.

Although no RST is required most people did send it. However the
contest robot does need two columns of RSTs in the Cabrillo log you
submit. The updated version of Super Duper did not do this and the
robot threw my log out the first time until I edited them in.
Confusion reigns!

An enjoyable contest - 36 QSOs giving 292 points (x4 QRP multiplier!)
and best dx 2177km (but I was QRP!).

This weekend I had a look in at the top band EUCW contest - but
having to send '599 dave gqrp 11029' was a bit of a mouthful to
expect people to pull out of the noise!

73s Dave G3YMC

dsergeant at iee.org
dsergeant at btinternet.com