[UK-CONTEST] CABRILLO (again!)

Donald Field g3xtt at lineone.net
Sun Jan 12 06:31:49 EST 2003

Exactly my point. SDI logs are great (I'll be using SD this afternoon for
AFS - great program). But the IOTA .LOG files weren't strictly
"RSGB-compliant". To use Paul's words (below), SDI .LOG files  are "The
compromise for IOTA, agreed with Don's predecessors". In other words, there
has had to be exactly the sort of flexibility that we will now be looking
for in Cabrillo. Those who lament the death of a clear RSGB format, need to
remember that compromises had to be made. I think both Paul and I are
singing from the same hymn sheet here. The confusion (which makes my point
for me!) is what is meant by "RSGB format", to which the answer is "it
depends". I have never questioned Paul's support for RSGB contests, which is
unequivocal.

Hope this finally clears up any misunderstandings.

73 Don G3XTT