[UK-CONTEST] WPX CW - G5W

Don Beattie g3ozf at btinternet.com
Mon May 26 05:04:44 EDT 2003

Mixed bag of conditions. This was my first try at the SOAB section, and of
course one key strategy decision is "which 36 hours ?"  I took the cowards
way out, and tried to keep sleep patters as uninterrupted as possible.
Worked 03:00 - 03:00, then the last 12 hours. The first couple of hours on
LF were noisy with QRN, and I think they same hours the second night would
have been better. Found Saturday on HF poor or 10 and 15, but Sunday better.

Found the home-made SO2R switching box could cause the computer (running NA)
to crash if switched during a transceiver software poll. Doesn't do it with
CT, SD or Turbolog ! Need to fix that.

Anyway, here's the stuff:

G5W - op G3BJ - SOAB (unassisted)

Total clean QSOs: 2317

Mults: 704

Total: 3,428,480

Band        QSOs

160          33

80            202

40            446

20            969

15            523

10            136

Equipment:

FT1000MP MkV and FT1000MP, Quadra and TL922 Linears
Force 12 10 ele 40-10 at 80 ft, tribander at 60 ft, dipoles (160/80), 90 ft
vertical (160/80)

73

Don, G3BJ