[UK-CONTEST] G5W IOTA CONTEST

Dave Lawley g4buo at compuserve.com
Fri Aug 6 09:35:11 EDT 2004

Hi Dominik

I'm very sorry you didn't find us. The best chance would have been 80 or
40m, where we made 187 and 217 CW QSOs respectively.

We originally wanted to operate as M8C/P, for precisely the reasons you
give. However it was pointed out that you have to notify Ofcom of your
operation, including location, so you cannot be portable. We considered
using G3RCV/P but felt that M8C was the better choice. We also made
plenty of QSOs before the contest as G3RCV/P G0VJG/P 2E0ATY/P and
M3CVN/P, and most of the G3RCV/P QSOs were CW.

73, Dave G4BUO