[UK-CONTEST] NFD - From a 'Wendy House'

Jim Martin - MM0BQI JimMartin at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jun 8 04:55:07 EDT 2004

Sadly unable to organise anything before the event due to work schedule but
managed to do a site visit for the HFCC in the West of Scotland on Saturday
evening. I was fired up by the enthusiasm and the fun the team were having,
so when driving back to Edinburgh I hatched a cunning plan to take part for
a few hours.
A bottle of red wine was soon accepted  by my neighbours for site rental on
their back garden as my FD site. The kids drove a hard bargain for the use
of their play tent as my shack but agreement was reached and they helped me
pitch the tent.  The portable kit was still boxed from the Treshnish trip so
transporting the station from one garden to the next presented few
logistical problems. I used the 706 running 20 watts, with an SGC tuner to a
40m dipole, one end was draped over the trees and the other along the ground
as a counterpoise. Power was from a car battery which just managed to last
until Sunday.
Conditions were very quiet (poor antenna?) with only a handful of Ws and
UA9s in the log as best DX.

Summary
Band   Qs   Pts
80     12    48
40     44   164
20     42   127
15      4    14
total  102   353

Used N1MMLogger which again worked perfectly. Not sure if the entry meets
all the rules but if not there are enough UK stations in there to make it a
useful checklog!
Thanks for all the Qs, it was great fun.
Jim
MM0BQI/P
Summer Isles Radio Club

     2004 IOTA Contest DXpedition MM0Q on the Summer Isles EU92

---