[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC Data night

g3rir demon g3rir at ackerley24.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 02:29:29 EDT 2004

I cannot entirely agree with Phil about answering CQ's. With SSB and CW
the method suggested by Phil of only sending "de G9XXX" to respond to a
CQ works nearly all the time but not all the time.

When there is QRM there is often confusion of who is working who. This
problem is far worse on RTTY, at least on CC 80, as there are many
novice RTTY operators (like me 40 years licenced but it has taken CC 80
to get me on RTTY) and calling exactly on frequency is as yet something
of a lottery thus increasing the potential confusion.

Clearly Phil has vastly more RTTY experience than me and most of the
others on CC80 so I suspect his suggested method works in most RTTY
contests but I contend CC80 is different!

73 all de Neil, G3RIR